Dear Deer

Sometimes a day just seems hard. That's it. There are days just harder than others. You start by critiquing yourself in the mirror, then burn the toast, didn't sleep well, someone leaves stinky socks on the chair.

You know the day I mean. This is how my week has been. "I'm to fat, my gray hair makes me look older than Methuselah. And I feel like a toad." On an on we go. A slow tortuous dance of self annihilation . No good, no fair, life is rotten...

My mom used to say "Stop moaning in your soup". "It does no good and ruins good soup" So there!

I'm at my desk trying to write a new children's story and "moaning in my soup" The washer has just flooded my pine floors at the exact same moment as the refrigerator defrosts all over the same flooded pine floor. I run and get as many towels as I can, laying them over puddled floors and promptly land on my behind. Now I'm as wet as my guest towels and the floor. And start to cry/laugh. How is that possible?

I limp outside to lay all the white, red and green sopping wet towels over a bench (which happens to be red) to drip.(duh...)they decide to co-mingle and now I have red, white and green splotchy towels....Guests coming and nasty colored towels. I wonder if my guests will understand the weird towels? I think not.

The day has been grand and it's not even noon.

So back to why I'm writing this tale of woe...

I'm sitting at my desk questioning (which you should never do) what will go wrong next? Something told me to buck up, knock off the pity party and say a little prayer. Maybe not for help but for an attitude change.

The minute this thought was thought, I looked up and through my office window  faces calmly gazed  back at me. I thanked my Father in Heaven for a little smile on a very moldy day.

Again I laugh/cried and felt a hundred times better. Washers break. Refrigerators quit. And yet all is well if I can remember I'm not REALLY that fat, my hair is a Nana's (hard earned) hair color and I got a newly mopped floor all in one fell swoop.

I really must remember what is important in life.

Thank you Dear Deer. (Even though you munched all my roses as if at a colorful Sunday brunch). Thanks for listening.


3 comments:

  1. Hello SK! Thank you for following my blog. It made me happy. I love the way you write. It's very creative. I'm now following you too. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little smile!? Really!? WOW! Just looking at the photos gives me a big one! These are amazing!!! I guess living in Tassie I don't really get to see deer. These are soo beautiful! That toad picture is amazing too! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane and Kirsty,

    I'm glad you could share the day and thus lessen the pain.
    You both made my day. thanks so much.
    sk

    ReplyDelete

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK