Saved Antique Details Of La Chicken

This poor baby was rescued for pennies. After I researched this little heavily built table, I discovered the hand carved front drawer panel was from a destroyed cabinet.

Smoke and burn marks are apparent. I envision this being in a old, beautiful and much loved cabinet. When the fire was extinguished, this little carved piece was all which could be saved.

The cabinet is built like a brick, well-worn and used. The body, legs and T-support were built from old wood. The builder wanted to save the hand carved drawer panel, so he built the entire table to showcase this feature.
I am excited to see The Graphics Fairy has featured this fun table. You can visit The Graphic Fairy story here:
Thanks Graphics Fairy. I love your work and use it as often as I can.
As I started to sand and fill cracks and dents, I discovered under the antique handle a little secret key slot. I am sad we don't have all the wonderful and colorful history it might have been able to tell me.  My client decided she wanted her table to be painted. Red and Cream...

The top will be chippy white and cream and the legs will be antique red.
Bright color is not the end result. No worries

When complete, I will sand the worn areas back, antique stain and buff wax. I would love to keep this little jewel, this would make a very fun, practically invincible craft and project table for the studio.

The top will be finished with a French chicken transfer courtesy of The Graphic Fairy.  Just a hint of the detail of this large chicken below..

 The Graphic Fairy


                  
Like I have said in the past. I am still learning different transfer methods. This is the method I used for La Chicken.
Note: As you are transferring the image to your surface, it will look smudged in places. No worries. As you use your permanent pens or paint and they have dried, the smudges can just be cleaned off with water. When complete, make sure you clear coat for durability.

After using permanent pens on this project I started adding small amount of color with a fine brush and craft paints.

Here is a link to Graphic Fairy Instructions: http://thegraphicsfairy.com/12-easy-image-transfer-methods-for-diy-projects/

 Many layers later and I am starting to fall in love.
I would love to keep this magical table. La Poulet, The Chicken.





My client loves her new/old table. She came to pick up La Chicken and dropped off three, crazy fun and very old ice cream parlor chairs for me to re-furbish. Fun.



                          
Next project. Fun with antique Ice Cream chairs and Table.
The chairs are from a 1940's Montana Ice Cream Confectionery shop.
The table is from Greece.  Nice match.

This is going to be such fun.
sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK