SK's Plums and Petticoats

SK's Fun with Shades of Pantone 2014 color of the year, Radiant Orchid and Plum Homemade Chalk Paint.



 Removing the tops warped and cracked veneer was a challenge. Moisture and heat was the ticket. After sanding the entire piece I decided to add a few hand sculptured elements. Using a damask stencil and using Modern Masters sculpturing compound I added details over the entire chest.

 The first coat of paint is Pantones Radiant Orchid. It is a hot deep pink. I used this as my undercoat. I wanted to be able to sand my top coats to reveal this shocking shade of pink just for fun.
The second coat of paint is a my custom mixed chalk paint in several shades of muted plum and purple.
With the raised designs a little deeper glazed color, they stand out a bit more and grab the attention they deserve.
The top is painted with a custom cream chalk paint, glazed with chocolate and then sanded back to show the purples underneath.




The beautiful glass time piece knobs are from Hobby Lobby. I then painted the smaller knobs with a similar color in fingernail polish.







After the cabinet is complete, I used three coats of buffed paste wax to protect all her surfaces.

Thanks for visiting. sk

Thanks to Carole Maire Farmen, a teacher, an author,my photographer, an artist and  my friend.

Thanks for visiting. sk on elderberry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK